I got the rare chance to spend a few days with my BFF Alisha last week and we had the best time! I knew she & her family were coming in to town over the weekend but since I was so close to having a baby, we didn't really make plans to get together until the last minute.
She treated me to a birthday lunch at Chicora Alley last Sunday afternoon and we had the best time just hanging out & catching up. I talked her into staying with us on Monday night & Tuesday while Alex had to work in Gastonia. It was so much fun watching Jackson & Ethan playing like old friends! And Alisha basically took over cooking, cleaning & laundry while she was here...totally spoiled me by taking care of us so I could rest. Just like my momma!
Monday night, we had a living room dance party courtesy of YouTube. The boys had the best time in hanging out in their super-hero jammies.
Tuesday, we went to the zoo in the morning. Poor planning on my part, we didn't have 3 big carseats in my car (not that they would all fit...) so poor Westie had to cram into the infant carrier. He was content although we were total jailbait had we been pulled over.
At the zoo, mating season is in full swing. The giraffes seemed eager to make another baby Kiko. Just part of the zoo's PR. (Look closely...)
And in typical fashion, Jackson "didn't have to go" when we were down at the bathrooms...but had to go "soooo bad" when we were up at the top of the zoo. So bad he "couldn't walk". And being almost 38 weeks pregnant, I couldn't carry him...so I did what any other classy, southern mom would do and let him hop up and pee in the bushes. We made sure no one was around but Alisha was so thoughtful to snap this picture.
After the zoo, we went to Runway Cafe and had lunch while we saw at least two dozen planes take off and land. The service was horrible but the boys were excited to see the planes and the weather was so nice for sitting outside.
Alex came back for dinner and to pick up Alisha & Ethan. We had the best time together and it always flies by so fast!
On a side note, Alisha is forever the entrepreneur. She is always getting her feet wet with something new...whether its fabric design, aprons, personalized stationary, promoting vitamins, brainstorming the latest greenhouse technology, you name it! Her latest & greatest is a juicing venture called NourishU that she and her sister Missy started recently. I'm probably butchering this, but from what I understand, they feature super healthy, dairy-free, sugar-free and soy-free drinks (sounds questionable, I know, but I've tried them and they actually taste amazing!)
They are currently in the test marketing phase where they sell their products in a local YMCA however they plan to invest in a food truck so they can take their show on the road (well, not really on the road, but to local festivals and events). They both have such a passion for promoting a whole foods diet and with their background in farming and Alisha's increased health awareness after her health scare, this is a niche that seems to be the perfect fit! They have developed a promo video that I plan to post when she gets it finalized....if she gives me the okay :)








No comments:
Post a Comment