Jackson's preschool has various parents sign up for each holiday party. Our party was the Easter party, which was last week. A friend of mine, Alexis, habitually made "bunny cake" each & every Easter & had fun memories of bunny cake throughout her childhood. I decided to make Bunny Cake, which seemed manageable thanks to Pinterest & tons of inspirational pictures & tips.
However, I got mastitis two days before the Easter party. And I didn't just get it, I GOT it. As in high fever, chills, vomiting, you name it. Ben stayed home from work on Wednesday and the bunny cake components sat quietly in the kitchen, silently reminding me of my commitment to the 2-year-old class at preschool. (Of course I had already gotten the kids all pumped about bunny cake so I couldn't settle from bakery cookies).
So I managed to make a mediocre bunny cake. It didn't turn out as great as I had hoped but at least it got made. And yes, I know the mouth is off-center but I didn't have it in me to fix it. There's always next year!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
2 comments:
Really cute!!! And Hope you are feeling better!
Cute cake! I had mastitis w/ mason...I feel for you!! I ran a fever of 104 and can never remember having a higher temp than that, it was awful!!
Post a Comment