Friday, September 9, 2011

My Sunshine

"You are my sunshine,
my only sunshine.

You make me happy
when skies are gray.

You'll never know, dear
how much I love you;

Please don't take
my sunshine away."

Ever since Jackson was an infant, I've always sang this song to him every night.  I wanted to create a memory for him so that in years to come, whenever he hears that song, he'll think of me.

Earlier this week, as I was singing to him at bedtime, after I sang, "You'll never know dear, how much I love you", he looked up at me and said, "I love you too, Mommy."  Melt my heart.  He could tell that I loved hearing him say that and how much it meant to me because now every time I sing our song to him, he tells me that he loves me too.  I love being a Mommy.

1 comment:

The 1st of May said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful memory for him (and you!)!