I had signed up to help host J's class Christmas party, so I made a Pinterest-inspired fruit tree that the kids were pretty stoked about. They only issue was that the toothpicks aka mini-swords kept coming out of the tree whenever a child would take a piece of fruit. I'm sure DSS would be less than pleased with this arraignment. It was cute, however!

Secondly, I made coasters for our family & close friends using either family pictures or scrapbook papers. I purchased 3.5" tiles from Lowes, mod-podge & scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby and printed the family pictures on my printers on plain paper and cropped them down to 3.25" squared.

So simple: cut the pictures/paper to a 3.25" square,mod-podge the tile and center picture on top of tile. Coat top of paper and edges of tile with a thin coat of mod-podge to seal. Let dry for several hours, then use a spray acrylic protector to finish them.
Once dry, cut cork squares to fit bottom of the tile, and hotglue them in place.

I typically give neighbors and close friends a box of goodies at Christmas time. This year, I was way behind the ball and could not find cute metal cookie tins anywhere. So I settled on some relatively plain-Jane ones, but added a streak of chalkboard paint across the face of the tin, which allowed me to personalize it and just step it up a notch.

As for the kids artwork, they have been doing some fridge-worth masterpieces lastly and I am definitely using their perfectly-imperfect art to help amp up the Christmas spirit.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment