Here are some of my favorite conversations.
While going to the bathroom, Jackson said, "Mommy, I'm potty choo-choo."
Me: "Huh?" He looked at me like I was crazy and explained, "I'm potty trained." {Yes, my 3 year old recognized a homonym}
After being disciplined, J told me that he felt sad in his heart. I asked him if Jesus was still in his heart and he told me, "No, Jesus is dead, he died on the cross so he's not in my heart anymore." So after I explained that Jesus was in Heaven but also still in his heart, he smiled and said, "Ok, I'm happy now."
Our dog Bella is 9 years old and Jackson overheard us talking about how old she was getting. Later, Jackson told me that "Bella is getting old, let's just get a new one." I told him that we still love people and pets & things once they get old, and now he tells Bella "You are an old girl but we still love you."
At Costco last week, we were washing our hands in the bathroom and an extremely short lady (borderline midget) walked out of the stall and started washing her hands beside us. Jackson immediately noticed her height and said, "Look Mommy! A baby lady!" I tried to play it off, saying, "yes, sweetie, she is washing her hands just like us." However, he was very persistent, with, "No Mommy, I said a BABY LADY."
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Valley Fall Ct,Greer,United States
No comments:
Post a Comment