
A week or so ago, I took the boys to Conover for a few days mid-week to spend some time with Bebe & PopPaw. We covered alot of activities in our 3 days there.
On our way in to town, I stopped by the old Newton Courthouse and let Jackson crawl on the cannons, just like Mike & I had growing up.

Our next stop was VBS at Trinity Baptist. We grew up going to VBS here so Bebe was thrilled to have Jackson attend this year. The first night, they learned about catapults, which he loved.

On Wednesday, we took the boys to the park at Rock Barn, followed by the swimming pool.



After Wednesday afternoon naps, we headed back to VBS. It was fun for me to go back and see all the folks that I had essentially grown up going to church with. Everyone was so welcoming and doting on my children.
As we were eating dinner at the church, Weston was hanging out in his stroller and my icy lemonade was securely sitting in the cupholder near the handles. Well, little Jackson decided to help himself to a sip and managed to dump the entire cold drink on Weston's head...and it just so happened that someone that it on video close-up. Priceless. Needless to say, even after a dry pair of clothes & lots of hugs, Weston was ready to peace out early.

I can easily say the highlight of the week was the roller skates that Bebe got Jackson. He has been anticipating strapping those puppies on ever since she sent him pictures of them a few weeks ago. He could hardly stand it and once we put them on his little feet, he was ready to go. He wanted to do it all by himself, and within minutes, he was setting up the baseball tee and hitting the baseball---still wearing the skates.




On Thursday morning, we went out to MawMaw's house to spend some time with her. She was a little slower than usual getting around but still was her playful self, chasing Jackson around with her walker. Speaking of her walker, Westie enjoyed gumming it....ewww, I know, but at least he wasn't chewing on the dog toys.


Thursday afternoon, PopPaw took Jackson to the Science Center and Mom and I did a little shopping. Afterwards, we ended up back outside playing on the playset and skating.


Bebe & PopPaw decided to throw Jackson a little early birthday party that evening since they were unable to make it down for his party on the 23rd. So Thursday evening after dinner, we had Jackson's first birthday celebration of the year:

And Bruce made Mom this MONSTER dish of ice cream and I couldn't resist teasing her about it: (sorry Mom!)

He also got to open a couple presents, which he loved.

We had a wonderful week in Conover and as always, we ran out of time before we got to do all the activities we had planned to do. Next time!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment