Sunday, October 16, 2011

Next time, no kids!

Last week, my high school BFF Sally & her two kids came to visit & meet Weston.
We try to get together at least once (if not twice) a year just us. And typically, our girls weekends include lots of uninterrupted conversations, shopping, eating badly & drinking wine. This time, however, with four kids 5 & under, our activities & conversations revolved around where the closest bathroom was, whose turn it was to ride the 4-wheeler and repeatedly telling them to leave the sleeping baby alone or else! All in all, the kids got along great and were really good. And Jackson thinks Jay hung the moon.

On Friday, we picnicked in Cleveland Park then took the Swamp Rabbit from the park to downtown to get some ice cream. I wish we had a picture of our little clan, Sally pushing the fully loaded double stroller (which isn't exactly made for such treks) & me with Weston in the Moby wrap and Betsy in the single stroller. Huffing & puffing along. We stopped about halfway & let the kids wade in the stream and throw rocks. Fourteen pee breaks later, we finally made it to the Riverwalk and got our much deserved treat.







Saturday, the Village People kept us entertained while we made breakfast :). We had intentions of yardsale-ing and/or hitting up a local pumpkin patch, but we ended up just letting the kids play outside.


After Sal & the kids left, I think Jackson asked me "Where'd Jay & Betsy go?" no less than 25 times. I loved watching our kids play together...but next time, Mommies only!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

The 1st of May said...

We ALL had SUCH a fabulous time...and as I always say, "We've GOT to do it more often!"

My kids talked about your boys ALL week!

I agree...next time, just us!