 |
|
It’s amazing how quickly highly anticipated events seem to pass. We have been talking about, planning for and pretty much eagerly anticipating Michael's wedding for months now. This fabulous, amazingly fun weekend of festivities seemed to come & go in the blink of an eye.
Our weekend started on Friday morning, with Mom & I putting some finishing touches on the rehearsal dinner decor while the boys spent the day playing on the lake. Just for the record, Ben can still tear it up on the wakeboard -- he landed both his flip & his 360, which Dad supposedly caught on tape in order to one day prove to Jackson that yes, your daddy was pretty cool back when he was 30!
Fast-forwarding to the rehearsal dinner, Ben & I both gave toasts to Mike & Jenn. The obvious highlights of my toast were the poster-size pictures that went along with my "poem".
 |
"I always wanted a sister, but pretending wasn't hard
When you willing wore my red leotard." |
 |
"I went to NC State, you came 2 years later. You were a Sig Ep & I was a Zeta.
Speaking of Sig Ep, remember that night
That you knocked on my door in Batman tights?" |
Even more entertaining was watching the trainwreck of what was supposed to be a variety of toasts for the bride & groom turn into a roast for Michael, with his fraternity brothers each telling increasingly more embarrassing and definitely more inappropriate stories. Mike was good sport & fingers are crossed that Jenn's grandparents couldn't make out all the juicy frat-house/spring break/party-hardy details.
 |
Ben had a belt buckle custom-made for "little brother".
(Its a NC State "S-block" logo, though you can't tell it from the pic.) |
 |
Jenn, my new sis-in-law!
(FYI, I'm demonstrating how Mike should carry her
through their doorway when they get back from the honeymoon!) |
And what a better way to spend his last night as a bachelor than to share a bed with his sister? Just like the good 'ole days of having camp-outs in each others rooms, we were laying on Mikey's bed having one of our typical late-night chit-chats and true to form, I fell asleep. (I will state that when I woke up at 3:30 am, I opted to join Ben in our own bed).
Saturday morning rolled around quite early & we headed to the church around noon. The wedding was beautiful & Jenn look absolutely stunning. Mike was ever the handsome groom & everything went without a hitch. My pics are a bit sporadic & I didn't take nearly as many I thought I did...I don't even have a picture of the bride & groom at the reception! Enjoy!
|
We had a pre-game brewski to calm the groom's nerves... |
|
Mike & John-David aka Party Boy pre-wedding... this was the real cause for the pre-wedding jitters! |
 |
| Keeping Mikey company during pre-wedding pics. |
 |
| The beautiful Mother-of-the-Groom |
 |
| Jackson showed up right before the wedding, decked out in his mini-tux, complete with a black eye! |
 |
| The new Mr. & Mrs. Isaac with their godson. |
 |
| Our little family of 3...too bad J refuses to smile for photos |
 |
| After about 15 attempts, this was the best pic I could get of J & Bebe (so typical!) |
 |
| Like father, like son |
 |
| Mesmerized by the band, about to bust out his dance moves =) |
 |
I LOVE you, Mikey!!! |
 |
| Jenn, your a lucky woman! |
No comments:
Post a Comment