...I was laid up on bedrest, awaiting the arrival of my baby boy. Last June 12, I went in for my 32 week appointment complaining of some cramps...which turned out to be contractions and when checked, baby was +2 (we could feel his head)...which sent me to the hospital for pre-term labor for a night. I got sent home with dozens of huge pills & orders for strict bedrest for the next 5 weeks.
However, Mr. Jackson had alternative plans and my water broke only 10 days into bedrest, at 10am on June 22. Ben was out of town for the day, so my BFF Alisha (aka Florence Nightingale) left work & came to pick me up. Dr. Heidtman confirmed that my water had indeed broken & sent us over to St. Francis to have this baby. We certainly were a sight to be seen, 2 pregnant chicks checking to the labor & delivery. Alisha was due 2 weeks before me and I always joked about how I hoped her water broke while we were at work so I could take her to the hospital. Who knew she would be the one taking ME to the hospital?!
We got settled and bravely listened to the NICU surgeon go over the statistics of a preemie...he may not be breathing, I may not get to hold him right away, we could expect a 6+ week stay in the NICU, depending on his health they may have to do certain procedures immediately, and on and on. But I never gave those disclaimers a second thought -- God had given me a sense of peace (or else I was too naive to know how serious this could be).
Ben arrived a couple hours later -- he was 4 hours away and managed to "safely" make the trip to the hosptial in 2 hours. I was just starting to have major contractions so he got to practice his lamaze "coaching" skills and was such a supportize & loving hubby.
After only 4 hours of ative labor & 2 pushes later (with an audience of 12), Jackson Isaac Talbert was born, weighing 4lbs ll oz and 19 inches long. He was only 34 weeks gestation, but came out screaming & I got to hold him immediately. He was as healthy as a full-term baby and was only in the hospital for 3 nights.
Its amazing to think that almost a year has passed since God gave us this precious little blessing. We are so thankful for our son and strive every day to nurture, teach and lead him. We are constantly amazed by him and fall more in love with Jackson everyday.






1 comment:
This post is so sweet. What a tough little fella! Time flies when you're having fun, right?
Post a Comment